Saturday, March 29, 2008

Google Supports Earth Hour - will you?



I popped over to Google this morning, well ok it's my home page - but whatever. So when the screen loaded, it was dark.. at first I was confused. It was after 11 am on a Saturday morning, but still - there was confusion.

After reading the little tag line, about the lights I remembered that this is the day for Earth Hour.

From what I understand, from 8-9 pm local time tonight, folks will be turning off the lights, staying home and using as little resources as possible. I think is a wonderful idea. I'm not sure how fab Dub and Neeper will think it is, but we're going to do it anyway.

I'd almost consider going down to my office in Seattle to see from the 44th floor how many folks are participating. Almost!

Support your local Planet.

Participate!

2 comments:

Lesa~Dragon said...

Going Dark now... see you on the other side!

Anonymous said...

Oh I wish I could have seen from down there too!!! That's so cool! I missed that part of Google, when it was dark!

Thanks for being so sweet on my blog :)