Monday, December 31, 2007

Oh for want of a good meter!


I have had the same little meter <--- to the left, for some time now, but the webservice seems to be scrambled.

I decided to update my word count (because working would be the wrong thing to do on New Year's Eve!) but it doesn't matter what I try, the site will not create an updated meter for me.

I diddled around (techy term for messed with the HTML code) and tried to update the numbers but didn't want to spend the time to figure out how to make the bar move.

Found the NaNo meter at... Language is a Virus and it is very nice, but it didn't much care for being centered in my side bar. I'll figure out how to fix that eventually (maybe) but for now, it will just have to be off center.. like me. This site also has some interesting NaNo Icons I want to investigate later.

I Googled word meters or word count meters, I don't remember which, and found this happy little group. I think Shelli may be using the picometer, the look familiar, and I believe it was her Bloggy I saw them on...

Then there is the progress meter (bottom of the same page) I just had to share. Looks like it has a built in cap at 50k, but it's kinda funny. Check out all this little potato guy's moods. I'm book-marking this little guy for next year's NaNo.






No comments: