Friday, February 16, 2007

Fun with fonts....

Some of the most awesome fonts don't come standard with your computer. Sure, there are many to choose from - but there are loads of others out there.

I was looking for a specific font for a project at work, and figured I'd have to purchase it in order to create the graphics I needed. The price range for the set I was looking at was $24-$105 dollars depending on the website.

While searching the interwebs, if found this font site that allows you to test fonts before you purchase them. Not only that, but you can change colors during the test and actually save the test sample as a bit map file.



Like I mentioned before, there loads of fonts out there we never have a chance to use - above is my name, in a graphic font called Gargoonies... and there are many others to choose from. In the search or font finder option, type in anything, I tried "fun" and "goon", you'll be amazed with the different styles and options. Then click on the title of the font and select the option to create a sample. I found that it was necessary to put the cursor in the font size box, then enter before changes would be applied to the sample window below.

Just think of all the fun you can have making your own buttons and graphics. If you post something, come back and let me know!

2 comments:

Aura said...

Love the Lesa Dragon font! It's beautiful and looks like you. :) Hey, have you started that book yet?

Shelli Stevens said...

I didn't know you could buy new fonts! Coolio.

Thanks for dropping by my blog! It sounds like you had a fun weekend too! :)