Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Not your normal song virus...

Goin' to the Conference and we're going to be in-spiiiired. (to the tune of "Goin' the the Chapel")

This weekend is the Annual Emerald City Writers Conference, and I'm attending with my roomie in an effort to kick start my writing now that the Big "D" is final and legal and done!

I'm taking some lovely Pepperminty Scenty Soapies from my buddy Serra, that I'm planning to give to the organizers and some of the authors I've met over the years as little 'thank you's' - but still trying to figure out what to do with the washy clothies. Serra suggested A China Rose fold, which is totally awesome, and I've been toying with an envelope - but so far that's a bust. We'll see.

So from this weekend conference, I expect to be inspired to park in front of the computer and write down some of the many ideas that have been floating in my head for years.. and who knows, maybe I'll actually finish one, sell it and eventually work as a writer full time.

or not..

perhaps I'll just continue to dabble at writing and work forever as a pawn in Corporate America. More news, later!

CHOW!

10 comments:

Pandora Wilde said...

Thanks tons for the nice words, DragonDarlin'. I really appreciate you.

Aura said...

Yea! We're goin' to the Conference and we're gonna get inspiiiiiiired... :)

I like the pretty rosie twisty.

Lesa~Dragon said...

Lady Serra - VERY velcome, and right back at you.


Aura - we'll see how much you really like them when I'm askin' you to help me fold them :D

Anonymous said...

Could you let me know how they went over? I'm hoping they were loved :)

Lesa~Dragon said...

They were SMASHING and Fan-F'king-tastic!

I'm up to my eyeballs now, but I'll be posting a post later to tells you all about it.

Lisa Pulliam said...

Hi Lesa with an "e"! (Serra, the soap is WONDERFUL) thank you both :-) And I love how you folded it with the cloth and ribbon.

It was great to meet you, Michelle and Kristin [sp?] - a.k.a. Buttons. Hope to see you next year, or in Dalls.

Lesa~Dragon said...

Lisa!! Glad to see you made it home safely!

Serra's a wiz at all things soapy, so if you have special orders - chat her up on her bloggy and she'll do ya right. Just mention the Dragon sent ya!

Anonymous said...

Hi, Lisa,
Sure, swing by anytime, watch for the f-bombs and see if anything looks good. The soapmaking etc category is where the pics are.
Serra
who's making this same soap today in bath-size bars.

Lesa~Dragon said...

Serra - you're so mean! Full size minty goodness?

You know I already have major back stock of your other devine soapies... I'll be clean for 6 month before I use it all.

I'm sure they'll go like hot-cakes but I'll softly scented for a while anyway.

Shelli Stevens said...

I loved the soap! Thanks again. And you need to blog about your experience at ECWC and how much you want everyone to come next year! LOL. Or you don't have to, but come say hi to me on my blog sometime!