Monday, October 30, 2006

An Evening with Stephen King - TANKS ROOMIE!

My Roomie left me a message this frosty October morning, that Stephen King was to be in town Wednesday for a lecture. She followed it up with a link to the details via instant message, and I checked it out - only to find all the tickets that included the reception afterwards were sold out. *pout*

Thinkin' Dub (My Mate) would appreciate the lecture, I prepared to buy tickets to listen to the Master of Horror talk about his body of work, while I pondered the chances of slipping into the reception unnoticed (FAT CHANCE!!) . One of the many voices in my head was chanting 'eBay. eBay. EBAY!' so on the off chance that someone had reception tickets for sale - I bopped over to the auction site and typed in 'Stephen King Seattle' - and was shocked.

Only one item, but there it was, my wish come true.... tickets to the King lecture with the RECEPTION afterwards. ~~ I heard voices in my head cheering as I clicked the link and found a BUY IT NOW option and did just that! ~~

Holy Cow ~ I'm going to have a chance to meet the Master of Horror... BUT more importantly, I'll have a chance to surprise My Mate with something extra special right here in our own back yard!

Now the worry begins:
  • How to tell Dub?
  • What to do with Neeper?
  • Where to dine that evening?
  • What to wear?
  • Where to park?
  • Will they allow cameras?
  • Will he sign book?
I'll post more when when some of these questions have been answered!

5 comments:

Aura said...

Most welcome! I hope you two have a lot of fun tonight! Say hi to Steve for me. LOLOL

Lesa~Dragon said...

For you an Neeper too!

Burrr.. it's cold tonight!

Aura said...

Soooooo... going to blog about what happened????? Inquiring minds want to know. :D

Shelli Stevens said...

Did you go? Did you go? How was it!!!

Lesa~Dragon said...

I will, I will.. yes... so many words so little time.