Wednesday, July 30, 2008

RWA Conference Day 0.5

Wow... Just Wow. This is Day 0.5 because the day's only 1/2 done and I have much to report.

I took some time for myself this morning, had Blueberry Pancakes for breakfast then hit the Bart for a quick trip to the Conference Hotel.

Registration was the first order of business, and digging into the material has been a blast. There were books, of course, many of them with a Paranormal feel, though to be honest I have not read the backs just yet. The program has many loads of information, the workshop schedule and all important map of the hotel. I'd be lost without it.

Grabbed a hug from Cherry Adair on the way back from Registration, gave Judy Weibe directions on the way out and passed Heather Davis on the escalator on the way to the Goody Room, she said she thought it was on the 5th floor. One of the San Francisco Chapter members, I'm so bad - didn't remember her name - said she thought it was down the hall from her room, and we walked there together. In case you have not located it yet, the Goody Room is on the 5th floor.

There are OOdles of book marks, buttons, pens and other artful things in the Goody Room, and I've been told there are new things in there all the time. I picked up some really fun stuff, some for me, some for the ECWC Goody Bag crew. My bag is already overflowing. I also ran into our very own Julia Hunter while I was in the Goody Room.

On the way out of the Goody Room, I ran into Christina and Ashley from Benefit at Bloomy's. YEAH!! Benefit At Bloomingdales in SFO - Awesome friendly service!! They're going to raffle off a basket of Benefit products for authors who stop by for a complementary facial. The girls are sweet, please, stop by!!

We rode down in the elevator with Chaoscat from RomanceJunkies.com and then while I was sitting here bootin' up the PC she came over and introduced herself and asked for clarification on what the Benefit Girls were babbling about. Seems she was waiting for the Ibuprofen to kick in and wasn't really understanding what they were saying. Chaoscat was sitting with two authors (I asked their names then forgot, jeepers do you see a trend?) but I took a quick picture and will post it up later when I can find out the names. I'm also supposed to say something about someone being a bitch, but that was too long ago - almost an hour - and I know everyone has the same problem, or I will hope they do have the same problem.

I chatted with Pat White for a little bit and then was joined by Trish Silver and Mary Beth Bass.
I'm signing off for now... to eat my lunch.

No comments: